Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Makeup Revolution Cover and Conceal Palette- Review and swatches

Hello beauties!

I am back with a post that was long overdue.
I bought this Makeup Revolution's cover and conceal palette over a year ago and then totally forgot to post my review. But recently I started using it frequently and decided to share my experience with you. So read on to find out my thoughts on this palette.

Starting with the packaging:

It comes in a sophisticated black plastic packaging with a big mirror inside. The packaging is quite decent considering that its a budget brand. I like to keep this palette in my bag because of this huge mirror.


Shades:
These palettes are available in 3 shades light,  light-medium and dark and each palette contains 8 shades so you are going to find one of these concealers suitable for you no matter what skin tone you are.
I have this palette in light-medium. The palette contains 8 shades from light to medium with pink and yellow undertones.

Normal light


With flash

My experience:
These concealers give medium coverage and they are greasy in texture.
I like concealers that give full coverage without setting under fine lines under my eyes so I don't like using this palette for concealing any blemishes or undereye cirlces but i like using this palette for highlighting my cheekbones and bridge of my nose because they give a dewy finish.

I have the palette in light-medium so none of the shades are dark enough for contouring except the last one which i sometimes use for light and subtle contouring along with a contouring powder and I think its good for contouring as well as highlighting.

Besides coverage, another con I found in this palette is when I use them for covering my dark undereye circles these concealers take ages to blend. I blend them with damp sponge and they take a lot of effort to blend completely and then they set into the fine lines under my eyes. Even after setting with powder they start creasing in few hours and thats why i don't like using it as a concealer.

As far as the staying power is concerned they stay intact for as long as I want if I use a good mattifying primer underneath and even without primer they stay good (a little dewy of course) for upto 5-6 hours on my normal/combination skin but for my under eye circles they start creasing in maximum 2 hours.

Overall i would say its a good palette for highlighting and  contouring but not for covering and concealing. Considering that we get 8 shades in Rs. 1250/- I think it's a great value for money.

Availability and price:
Makeup revolution products are available at daraz.pk in pakistan and you can also order from their own website from anywhere in the world, they ship worldwide.

That's it for today..
I'll be back soon
till then take care and tell me in the comments which is your favourite concealer...I love hearing from you :)

Bubye.. :)

1 comment:

  1. Are you searching for the newest and latest Pakistani Designer lawn collection you have come to the right place to buy the stitched latest lawn Suits 2022 in sale Price? Pakistan lawn Collection 2022 is not only famous within the country, but in foreign countries as well. Lawn Collection

    ReplyDelete