Saturday, November 5, 2016

How I take care of my knees and elbows...

Hello beauties!

I am back and today I am going to take about those parts of our body that we often neglect i.e. our knees and elbows. Usually we don't pay as much attention to our knees and elbows as we pay to our face, hands and feet because most of the time they are covered with clothes and nobody sees them and that's why they end up being dark and dry with flaky skin.

Image from google

In my teen years I was a really lazy person who did not pay much attention to myself but now I take really good care of myself and this includes taking care of my knees and elbows. And today I am going to share with you how I keep my knees and elbows well moisturize, well nourished and soft.

Just like our facial skin, we need to follow at least 3 steps for our knees and elbows i.e. cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing.

Cleansing:
Try not to use soaps for washing your knees and elbows as they dry out the already dry skin, use a gentle moisturizing body wash instead. Also, use a loofah while cleansing your body to remove the dead skin at the same time.


Exfoliating:
Since the skin around the knees and elbows is thicker than the rest of the body the exfoliation needs to be intense so that all the dead, dry and flaky skin is removed.
I have used some scrubs especially formulated for body in the past but now I use my St. Ives apricot scrub. It's granules are quite coarse so it works great on my knees and elbows and also its really affordable.
image from St. Ives website
Another product I use for exfoliation is Saeed Ghani Ubtan. I have talked about this amazing thing in detail a post which you can find here. It not only exfoliates but also evens out the skin tone.


Moisturizing:
Just like exfoliation the moisturizing needs to be more intense on these areas because there are no oil producing glands around the knees and elbows. There are a gazillion body moisturizers available in the market in different forms like lotions, creams, oils and butters so you have a lot of choices but make sure that the one you are using is capable of holding the moisture for a long period without being greasy.
Currently I am using this Nivea one.


Other than these things you can also try some homemade scrubs and moisturizers for your knees and elbows. I have tried these two recipes myself and found them really effective.
1- I mix the lemon juice and honey in equal quantity and apply the mixture to my knees and elbows and then wash it off after about 20-25 minutes.
2- I also use a mixture of sugar and olive oil to exfoliate the dead skin from my knees and elbows.

So that's it for today hope you like my tips...
I'll be back soon till then take care... Bubye...


1 comment: