Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fair and Lovely BB cream- review and swatches

Hello everyone!

I am back with another product review and today I am going to talk about Fair and Lovely BB Cream.  


Fair and Lovely is that one brand which I think is known to every household in the subcontinent i.e. Pakistan and India, their ad campaigns are obviously insulting and discriminate against darker skin tones but most of us still use this cream if not for fairness than because it gives an instant brightness and made up look to the face and we all need something like that for times when we don’t want to put on makeup but want to look polished and presentable.
 I used Fair and Lovely fairness Cream a few years back but I did not have a very good experience with it so I stopped using it and because of that I did not have high expectations with this BB cream. But since it was really inexpensive and I was already making an order on daraz.pk so I added it to the cart just to try it out.


I have used it for more than a month and now I'll share my experience with you here.. So let’s get started:
The cream comes in a regular pink and white plastic tube with some golden detailing. The screw cap shuts down tightly so it’s quite travel friendly. It comes in different sizes but I only found the smaller 18g one.
It has a fruity smell exactly like the fair and lovely fairness cream, the smell is strong when it's applied but it goes away after a few minutes.
Before 

After

The cream has a thick consistency so I find it a little hard to blend. It blends better if I put it in small dots and blend each dot separately instead of trying to blend at once on whole face. Also, you can not use any brush or sponge to blend it, the only way to blend it is using your fingertips.
It gives a waxy kind of touch to my face and also leaves a white cast. The cream gives a matte finish when applied and looks OK for 3-4 hours but after that my T-zone starts getting really oily. Also this cream has a tendency to clog pores which ultimately result in blackheads.
This BB cream is only available in one shade which I think suits most Pakistani girls with medium skin tone (it looks OK on me) but I think it wouldn’t be suitable for girls who have a little darker skin tone.
It does not give any coverage and does not hide any blemishes or dark spots but yes it instantly brightens up my complexion by evening out the skin tone. Watch the video to see the final result it gives after application.


In the end, I would say that it's an OK product for days when you are in a hurry and don't want to put on a lot of makeup but I don't think I would be using it a lot because it clogs my pores.
That's is for today. I'll be back soon till then take care...
Bubye...

1 comment: