Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fabrics and colors for upcoming winter season...

Hello beauties!

It's that time of the year again when we can finally get a break from lawn and bright summery colors. Winters are fast approaching and all I see on my Instagram and Facebook feeds are winter collections of various brands. The perfect pictures of models flaunting these dresses make me go head over heels for them but of course my bank account does not allow me to buy every single piece I see so I need to make choices.
The plethora of fabrics and wide variety of colors make it difficult to decide what should I invest in but asking myself these few questions before buying clothes help me get out of this dilemma.
1- How often can I wear this piece?
2- Does the color and cut flatter me?
3-  Is the dress versatile? Can I dress it up or down for different occasions and places?
4- Is the price reasonable? ( Cost Vs benefit analysis )
5- Do I already have any similar piece in my wardrobe?

Today I am going to talk about some of my favorite color and fabric trends in ladies dresses that I prefer wearing in winters...

For everyday wear in not so cold winter of Karachi cotton, linen and Khaddar suits are perfect but the satin collections of various brands can also be worn on a daily basis if accessorized appropriately.

The lightweight chiffon is generally considered a spring/summer only fabric but on formal evening events like weddings nothing looks better than a chiffon dress even in winters. You just need a heavier warmer fabric beneath the chiffon overlay of a dress and it will be good enough for winters. The best thing about chiffon suits is you can dress them up or down for any occasion with appropriate accessories.

Everyone starts wearing dark colors as soon as the winters approach, yes they look good but this winter I think we all should leave the blacks, dark blues, maroons and purples and experiment with some different colors. How about trying on some bright hues such as forest green, Mustard yellow or rust brown?
Get some inspiration from these designs...
Kayseria
Gul Ahmed
Ethnic

1 comment: