Saturday, May 16, 2015

Stiefel's 60 Sun Block Cream Review..

Hello beautiful world!

Hope everyone is doing great and enjoying the summer and exams season, and the juicy fruits and drinks and, Ice creams and, lawn dresses with all those cute accessories and lazy afternoons and a loads of things.. Although I love winter more but every season is beautiful (feeling thankful) :) ..

 In my last post I wrote quite a lot about the importance of using sun protection and also promised you a review of a sunblock (since it’s the month of skin care awareness) So here Iam, back with a review of a sun block that I have recently bought. Before I start I need to confess that most of the time I forget to wear sunblock before leaving home, many of my old sunblocks have ended up to trash bin but sometime back I resolved to always use a sun block. Then I saw a billboard of Stiefel 60 sunblock cream and decided to give it a try and now I am reviewing it for you...




So Starting with first thing i.e. The active ingredients.
Octylmethoxycinnamate
4-methylbenzylidene camphor
Butylmethoxydibenzoylmethane
Microfine Zinc Oxide.
AAhhh difficult names...
I wonder how do they pronounce ‘em, it took me long enough to just read and copy them.

Then, What does the brand say about it:
With SPF 60 and UVA PF 40.
Non-greasy and invisible cream. Recommended for every outdoor activity.

Highlighted features:
Broad Spectrum
Photostable
Paraben free
Non-greasy

Water- resistant




Directions for usage:
Apply on the area exposed to sunlight (such as face, neck and body) atleast 3 minutes before exposure.
First I want to share a little bit of details about what these ingredients do to our skin and then I’ll share what I felt about the product.
Ingredients:
Octylmethoxycinnamate is used in sunscreens and other cosmetics to absorb UV-B rays from the sun, protecting the skin from damage. It is also used to reduce the appearance of scars.
4-Methylbenzylidene camphor  is used in sunscreens to protect the skin against UV, specifically UV B radiation.
Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) is an oil soluble ingredient used in sunscreen products to absorb the full spectrum of UVA rays

Now, What I think about the product:
It comes in a tube and is in cream form and says its for people with normal skin. It can be used on all parts of the body as well as on face and neck. It smells like medicines but its gone after few minutes of application so it doesn’t bother me.
Although it says its non-greasy I felt greasiness on my face if I apply enough amount so I need to use powder foundation to fix the shine and control excess oil production. It does not feel greasy on other body parts.
When applied it leaves a visible white cast. The good thing about this sun block is it actually does what it is supposed to do i.e. it actually provides sun protection I have been using it for more than a month now and I did not get any tan.
Another good thing about it which is worth mentioning is its Paraben free. While searching over the internet I read somewhere that a good sunblock should be paraben free because it may react with UVB leading to increased skin aging and DNA damage. It is also linked with cancer and early puberty in girls, although this is not yet established but obviously it is better to go for paraben free alternatives.
The stiefel’s sunblock is available at all leading drugstores and pharmacies in Pakistan I guess. I got mine from Bin Hashim pharmacy and supermarket. The price is super affordable i.e. only Rs 250/- for 20 g tube.
I would love to hear your thoughts about the product and about my post. This is it for now. I'll be back soon..

Take care

21 comments:

  1. How bad is the white cast on darker/ weatish skin tones.. does it go after a while or it will b visible ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used it and it's work great for me 💯

    ReplyDelete
  3. the effect is long lasting and its amazing to my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today i bought this.. let see result hope above description will true..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flared pants are all the anger globally and our local brands are following a trend within their style with those gharara pants. Culottes and bootcut pants may also be keeping their popularity alive in this forthcoming year.
    online fancy dresses in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  6. its good for acene prone skin??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epilock Cream is also on same formulation and also available in 30gram tube, mostly economical price in market.....need your opinion for this products use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plz mention all the
    Ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mn b ye use krti thi bht acha hai pr muje ab ye nhe mil rha bht mushkil ho rhe

    ReplyDelete
  10. The information you have updated is very good and useful, please update further.
    SunKiss FZ LLC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this sunblock is not available in medical stores . From where we can get this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sunblock is not available in medical stores

    ReplyDelete
  13. From where we can buy this sunblock?

    ReplyDelete