Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Misslyn Luminous Makeup- Review and Swatches

Hello beauties!

I'm back with another product review and this time it is a foundation.

One day in the last month I had all the time in the world so I started checking out some products from misslyn's counter, I have been seeing this counter at the store for a long time but never bought anything but that day I bought this luminuos makeup foundation and now here i am sharing with you my experience with this product.
Misslyn is a relatively new brand in Pakistan. I have read reviews about its blushes and lipsticks on some blogs but its foundation or other face makeup products are not much talked about so here I am sharing my experience... Read on to find out did this foundation impress me....

Brand's claims:

SILKY FOUNDATION WITH LIGHT-REFLECTING PIGMENTS
THIS SILKY FOUNDATION IS FOSKINPARTICULARLY LUMINOUS COMPLEXION. THE SOFT TEXTURE GLIDES SMOOTHLY OVER THE SKIN, SETTLING ON IT LIKE A DELICATE VEIL OF LIGHT. THANKS TO THE LIGHT-REFLECTING PIGMENTS, THIS PLEASANT-TO-WEAR FOUNDATION PROVIDES THE COMPLEXION WITH INSTANT VITALITY AND MAKES THE SIGNS OF TIREDNESS AND STRESS DISAPPEAR IN MOMENTS. IT IMPROVES THE SKIN’S NATURAL RADIANCE – AND YOUR IRRESISTIBLE ATTRACTION! THE SKIN GLOWS WITH ENERGY AND FRESHNESS, AND LOOKS SMOOTH AND PERFECT. THE VARIABLE COVERAGE MEANS THAT ANY IRREGULARITIES IN THE SKIN TEXTURE CAN RELIABLY BE COVERED. SQUALANE MAINTAINS THE SKIN’S MOISTURE LEVEL AND HAS A SMOOTHING EFFECT. VITAMIN E HELPS TO FIGHT NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES. SKIN COMPATIBILITY DERMATOLOGICALLY APPROVED. SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN








Starting with the packaging: 
It comes in a light brown color plastic bottle with a nozzle like opening. The cap shuts tightly but with this kind of packaging there's always a risk of squeezing out excess product so I think liquid foundations should come in a bottle with a pump. Also, the bottle can only stand upside down so all the product comes down towards the nozzle and if you are not careful while opening it will create a mess (the opening is small but still there's a risk). 



This foundation is available in 8 different shades. The lady at the counter helped me chose the shade which is shade 4 and is called cream it has neutral undertones neither too pink nor too yellow which is perfect for me.



 Misslyn's luminous makeup is a liquid foundation. Because of the name luminous I was expecting it to be dewy but it has a matte finish. It gives a light to medium coverage and can be built up to an extent but you should not get too far with building up layers else it will start looking cakey. 

When I first applied this foundation on my face I found it a little tacky I don't know how to explain this, I felt like it is getting dry very fast in some areas but in others it is still wet but I loved the finish it gave after it's completely set. I apply it in dots all over my face and then blend one dot at a time in small buffing motion with a kabuki brush.
It gives a matte but slightly luminuos finish at the same time. I do not feel any excess oil around my nose for upto 3-4 hours which is great. It stays intact on my skin for upto 4-5 hours and even longer if I touch it up with a compact powder. Also, this foundation does not feel heavy on the skin so I think it is perfect for everyday wear.

This foundation is not very moisturizing. If I do not use moisturizer underneath, the dry patches around my mouth become even more visible so you need to moisturize your face properly before applying this foundation.

This foundation is available online and on leading makeup stores in karachi for Rs.970/-.
I am using this foundation alot lately and I am quite happy with it. I would recommend this to everyone who is looking for a daily wear foundation. Just make sure that you do not apply a lot of product in one go rather just use a little amount first and then build it up if you need and do not forget to moisturize your face.
That's it for today. 
I'll be back soon till then take care and tell me in the comments if you have used any products from missliyn? what do you think about them?...
Bubye...

No comments:

Post a Comment