Saturday, July 4, 2015

Oriflame's Pure Skin Blackhead Clearing Mask Review

Hello beauties!
How are you all doing?
Today I am sharing with you my thoughts on Oriflame’s Pure Skin Blackhead Clearing Mask

Starting with the brand’s Claims:
Deep Action Mask with antimicrobial Salicylic acid and Detect Technology to reduce and prevent blackheads and spots. Purifies and tightens pores, and controls shine. Use 1-2 times per week.

Packaging:
It comes in a blue plastic tube which is very easy to handle and the opening is small so we can control the amount we take out.


Now, My thoughts:

How I use it:
After using the product for about 7-8 months on and off I can say I am satisfied with it. It actually does what it claims.
I use the mask after I am done with my regular cleansing and exfoliation. I just take out a small amount and apply a thin layer all over my face and let it dry (I took some picture of my face with the mask on but I look funny in them so I am not posting them :D )..  As per instructions we need to leave it for 5 minutes but I don’t know why I never remove any mask until it’s completely dry. It takes 8-10 minutes to dry completely then I just rinse it off with normal tap water. I use the mask only when I feel any blackheads or dirt in my pores. 

What I feel after use:
It actually does what it says. When I bought the product I wasn’t expecting anything big from this but I just bought it any ways. After using it for the first time I felt my skin had become soft and clean. Every time I use this mask all the black dirt in my pores is gone, I love how my skin feels clean after I rinse off this mask. Even if I use this mask without exfoliating first I feel my skin soft which means it also exfoliates the dead skin which is an additional benefit that I love.
If I have any big visible blackheads or zits I just apply the mask on that blackhead and I found it working on those monster blackheads as well. It soften them out and then they can be easily removed.
I have read in some reviews over the internet that it make skin dry but I did not feel any dryness on my skin and even if it does we can always balance it with using a good moisturizer so it’s not an issue for me.

Caution:
The mask should not be applied near the eyes and mouth area because some of the ingredients can cause harm to eyes and there are some ingredients which should never be ingested.
A very thin layer should be applied as the thicker the layer the more time it will take to dry. You can apply a thicker layer on your problem areas if you want.

Price and availability:
I got mine from an Oriflame’s consultant many consultants sell online through Facebook pages. It is also available at daraz.pk for Rs. 549/-

Details about ingredients:
Until recently, I was the type of person who would just see a product and buy it without much research, seriously! Just reading the product’s claims on the label was the maximum I used to do but then I was introduced to some beauty blogs and since then I never buy anything without reading tons of reviews. Now I have come to the point where I read all the ingredients of the product and do research about their effects and then decide whether to buy it or not. I have done the same with this product as well and now I am sharing details about some major ingredients with you.

Kaoline has an ability to dry the skin and has uses to fight acne as well as increasing localized circulation, which can contribute to fighting inflammation. It also 
helps to cleanse and exfoliates dead skin cells.
Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate is a mild, coconut oil-based cleansing agent. They not only clean without stripping natural oils, but they also moisturize.
Bentonite is used as an absorbent in cosmetics. It can be drying for skin, though its absorbent properties are helpful for those with oily skin.
Stearic acid helps to remove dirt, sweat and excess sebum from the skin and hair it also helps water and oil mix so it is used in cosmetic products as an additive so that product requires less shaking before use. It does not possess any risks for human health.
Salicylic Acid causes the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth. It is considered very useful for treatment of acne. It sometimes make the skin dry.
Methylparaben is a fungicide and anti-bacterial agent, extending the shelf-life of a product. It is quickly absorbed through the skin. Research suggests that it is responsible for cancer and also it increases the risk of damage frsom sun’s UVB rays.
Phenoxyethanol is toxic as per Food and Drug Administration and should never be ingested, caution should be exercised when using the products containing it.

Now, at the end I would summarize that overall the product is good and my go to product for blackheads clearing it is already my third tube. Also, it is reasonably priced.
But there are aslo some cons which are it has no natural ingredients and It contains parabens.

So this is it for now..
I will be back soon till then Take care
bubye..




2 comments:

  1. It really seems to be nice product.
    Very Nice Collection Thanks a lot for sharing. You can browse latest artificial Dazzle Accessories is Artificial Jewellery store in Faisalabad it offers wide variety of Polki Rings Pakistan and silver ladies rings

    ReplyDelete