Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Why to use a makeup primer? and two of my favorite primers

Hello beauties!


Applying flawless foundation and making it last all day is one of the biggest beauty concerns for women like me who love makeup. When I first started using and collecting makeup I believed that primer is just an additional step that does not have much effect on makeup because I had read many makeup artist do not use primers but than I bought Makeup Revolution ultra face base Primer just to try it out and it completely changed my views.


If you are new to makeup or have never used a primer be ready! I am going to convince you to invest in a primer by the end of this post. So let's get started with the benefits of primer:

  • So as the name suggests a primer is the product we use to prime (prepare) our skin before putting on any makeup. When we use foundation over  primer it has something to hold on to so it stays on longer.
  • I have combination skin which gets really oily around nose areas in summer and with the oiliness comes the problem of visible pores. A silicon based mattifying primer helps in addressing both of these problems. A good primer helps in blurring the visible pores and also give a smoothing effect to the skin which makes foundation application easy and quick.
  • Since the primer fills the pores, lesser amount of foundation is needed to get the same coverage. Less foundation means less cakiness. 
  • Even if you don't want to put on makeup you can use a primer to get smooth, poreless looking skin.
Now that you know how important it is to use a face primer to get flawless long lasting makeup, I am going to share with you my two favorite primers that give all the above benefits without burning a hole in your pocket.

The first one is of course the Makeup Revolution Ultra Face Base Primer. It keeps my face matte all day which automatically means that the makeup will last longer. I reviewed it in detail a long time ago, in case you want to read it here's the link.



Another primer I like using is Maybelline baby skin. It is also a colorless, silica based primer which does not feel heavy on skin. It doesn't have any fragrance or tint. It claims to blur out the pores and give smooth skin and it actually lives up to its claims. It does not claim to prolong the durability of makeup but it's an additional benefit. Overall just like most maybelline products it is a great value for money.


That's it for today girls...
I'll be back soon till than take care...
Bubyee..

3 comments:

  1. wow, a great review of makeup primers. i find the best primers that work are original branded makeup primers from places like onzaar.pk Local Pakistani stuff doesn't work as well as original imported branded makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a beauty vlogger on youtube . my channel name is shano makeup plus. I also write blogs on www.crazeforbeauty.com. I don't believe on using primer but as I read this blog I am really thinking to buy makeup revolution primer to see how it works... thanx for informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make up now a days becomes really natural, I loved your blogs and these products are just amazing. I would love to get ultra face base primer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete